Why use First Flush Tanks?
If roof water is to be used for potable purposes or if roof contaminates will spoil rainwater (such as heavy bird droppings) then a first flush system will be needed. These devices keep the first wash of water out of your collection container. General rule of thumb for the discard quantity: 5 - 10 gallons per 1,000 square feet of roof or smaller. For larger roofs, discard 10 gallons per 1,000 square feet.
—University of Arizona Cooperative Extension Water Wise Program, 2007 (PDF / 634 KB)
Our First Flush Tanks Feature:
- Poly-Mart 5 Year Warranty
- 100, 125, 150, 200, 250 & 500 Gallons of Capacity
- Manufactured in Heavy Weight style for added durability
- 1.5″ Bulkhead at the top of the tank for your Pipe Extension
- 1.5″ Spin Weld Fitting w/ plug on the Bottom Flat for a drain
- 3/4″ raised Spin Weld Fitting for easy Water Hose Spigot install
- 4″ Inlet Fitting on a Top Flat for entry to the tank
Made from the highest quality rotational molded polyethylene our tanks are designed for above ground use.
*All Tanks of all colors are BPA-Free and manufactured with resin that complies with U.S. Food and Drug Administration regulation 21CFR 177.1520 (1) 3.1 and 3.2 for storage of potable water